- Hotel Washington
- Contact: Amani Jamall
- Email: [email protected]
- Location: Washington, DC
Hotel Washington NECA room block closes June 30, 2022.
Wednesday, July 20
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Registration, Hotel Washington
3:05 pm: Welcome, Pledge of Allegiance & Chairman's Remarks
- Steve Gianotti, Arcadia Electrical Company, Inc., NECA Business Development Task Force
- Kirk Davis, Bob Davis Electric Company Inc., NECA President
3:30 pm: 'US DOE Initiatives'
- Remarks by Amy Peterson, Senior Advisor, Industry Relations, Loan Programs Office, U.S. Department of Energy
4:30 pm: 'Marketing v. Business Development' Roundtable
- Moderator: John Brunia, Spectra Electrical Services
5:30 pm - 8:00pm: Welcome Reception
7:00 pm: Business Development Task Force Dinner
- Open Only to Members of the Business Development Task Force
Thursday, July 21
8:00 am - 9:00 am: Breakfast, Hotel Washington
9:00 am: 'Scaling for Success'
- Remarks by Sean Samson, CEO, Sean Samson Training
10:45 am: 'From Idea to Reality' Panel
- Moderator: Kenneth MacDougall
- Panelists: Bob Henley, CEO, Priseda, Aaron Young, Managing Director, Wall Street Access, Kevin Wright, Co-Founder, President, Proto Gen Energy
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm: Lunch
2:00 pm: Remarks by Ray Kasmark and Jon Rosenberger
- Business Development, IBEW
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm: Executive Session by David Long
3:30 pm: 'The Role of Advocacy in Business Development' Panel
- Moderator: Karen Prescott, Director of Government Affairs, NECA San Diego Chapter
- Panelists: Jennifer Mefford, Director of Business Development, Powering Michigan's Future, Brian Morales, President, ProCal Lighting, Kathy Maclaren-Gomez, Director Division 4, Palmdale Water District & Business Development, IBEW-NECA LMCC
- This workshop will focus on helping contractors assess their own business strengths and weaknesses to improve margins and mitigate risk. The pandemic has necessitated new ways to monitor performance at the company, business unit and employee level. Properly established KPIs are more critical today than ever before. Contractors will be able to readily identify relevant metrics for their organization and have practical tools and tips to compare their business to newly defined industry benchmarks. Contractors can expect to gain insights to perform a their own company health assessment.
- Remarks by Josh Bone, Executive Director of ELECTRI
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm: Networking Reception – NECA Headquarters
Friday, July 22
8:30 am - 9:15 am: Breakfast, Hotel Washington
9:30 am - 10:00 am: NECA Report
- Remarks by David Long, NECA CEO
10:05 am - 11:45 am: 'Winning Together: Successful Labor Management Cooperation Partnerships' Panel
- Learn how a successful Labor Management partnership can achieve new heights by working together towards common goals. Business Development professionals, representing large to small markets, will share examples of successful programs and marketing initiatives.
- Moderator: Rick Jamerson, Jamerson & Bauwens Electrical Contractos
- Panelists: Elbert Walters III, Powering Chicago, Jennifer Mefford, Powering Michigan’s Future, Kelly Waters, Power Connect (Columbus, Ohio) and Powering Coastal Texas (Houston), Karyn Charvat, PowerForward DuPage (Northeastern IL NECA)
11:45 am - 12:00 pm: Final Thoughts/Q&A
12:00 pm: End Program
Registration & Hotel Info
- Registration Fee: $350
- Hotel Rate: $299
Hotel reservations can be made once you’ve successfully completed your registration.