NECA Asks for 2023
Enact Permitting Reform to Ensure Timely Approval for Projects
Permitting reform has long been a priority for NECA contractors nationwide. Despite efforts to address reforms to the system, the permitting process has continued to slow down projects of all sizes and scope. Federal permitting reform for energy, minerals, and infrastructure projects is imperative and would allow for projects to come online faster and provide much needed relief to NECA contractors performing this work.
- Set clear deadlines, require simultaneous agency reviews, and effectively communicate to applicates of required materials for certification.
- Codify key elements of the “One Federal Decision” framework.
- Improve the Clean Water Act Section 401 certification process.
- Shorten unnecessary litigation delays and judicial reviews.
- Improve the siting process.
Make the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 Permanent
NECA supported passage of this landmark tax legislation, the first time the tax code had a massive overhaul in 31 years. This legislation greatly benefits NECA contractors nationwide as it includes multiple provisions that simplified the tax code and keeps NECA contractors competitive. Most of these provisions are set to expire at the end of 2025.
- Make the 199A Pass-Through Deduction permanent.
- Repeal the Estate Tax.
- Repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax.
- Reinstate 100% Bonus Depreciation.
Support Modernization of Airport and Water Infrastructure
Pass the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Act
- Provide funding to modernize our airports and air traffic infrastructure.
- Expand investments to the Airport Improvement Program (AIP).
- Increase the Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs).
- Support the Small Community Air Service Development Program (SCASDP).
Pass the Water Resources Development Act (WRDA)
- Support regular waterways authorizations to help meet the nation's economic, safety, and transportation needs.
- Invest in the Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving Funds (SRFs).