This course provides an overview of the use and arrangement of the NFPA 70E-2018 Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. Participants will discuss the significant revisions within the 2018 edition, as well as electrical hazards, guidelines to energized vs. de-energized work and decision making. Topics will also include understanding and applying effective lockout/tag-out procedures, selection and application of appropriate PPE and the supervisor’s responsibility for jobsite safety.
Following this class, participants will be able to:
• Identify concepts and requirements contained in NFPA 70E-2018
• Describe the generally recognized hazard of electrical work
• Discuss the needed personal protective equipment within arc flash and arc blast boundaries
• Discuss potential electrical hazards in the workplace
• Explain the supervisor’s responsibility to jobsite safety