Why Should You Attend?
Bigger and better in 2023, the NECA National Legislative Conference is the premier conference for electrical contractors to hear about the top legislative issues affecting the industry and meet the leaders who are working to provide real solutions. During this three-day conference, participants will take part in high-level interactions with policymakers at the highest levels of the government.
Issues To Be Discussed
NECA’s top legislative priorities for 2023 are aimed at optimizing the business climate for electrical contractors:
- Tax Credits
- Workforce Development
- Labor Shortages
- Energy and Infrastructure Policy
- Permitting Reform
Political Deep Dive Chiefs Panel
Hear the insights of top Congressional Staffers in this bipartisan panel. NECA’s Government Affairs team, along with invited Chiefs of Staff from Capitol Hill, will take a deep dive in the 118th Congress and how politics and policy will intertwine into the next Presidential election.
Capitol Hill Visits
Who better to tell your organization’s story than you? Through your participation during these critical days, you will:
- Take part in issue briefings and engage with Members of Congress and other Washington insiders
- Guide legislative change for the electrical contracting industry and the people NECA serves
- Meet with legislative leaders on Capitol Hill and at our Congressional Reception
- Contribute to the success of the electrical contracting industry by sending Congress the message that NECA leads the industry in establishing and maintaining the highest workforce standards and performance
Constituent meetings with Members of Congress are critical to the success of NECA’s advocacy strategy on Capitol Hill. NECA contractors are creating jobs, voting, and paying taxes in a legislator’s district – Members of Congress should hear firsthand about your business and what matters to you!
We encourage participants to take an active role in the policymaking process and participate in Capitol Hill visits. NECA staff will provide assistance in helping you communicate effectively with prepared position papers and preparatory meetings putting forth the necessary talking points.Tips for Hill Meetings