On March 23, President Trump signed H.R. 1625, the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018. This piece of legislation commonly referred to as an “omnibus” and provides all discretionary funding for the federal government for the remaining fiscal year.
The bill contains the full legislation and funding for all of the 12 annual Appropriations bills:
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration
- Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- Financial Services and General Government
- Homeland Security
- Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Legislative Branch
- Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
In addition to the 12 sections, it includes a number of policy riders, which authorize action unrelated to funding. It totals $1.3 trillion and was 2,330 pages long.
This NECA-developed document
provides member-contractors with an overview of the bill and summarizes pertinent information.
Download the NECA Overview of FY 2018 Omnibus