NECA recognizes that health and safety is a “Shared Responsibility” between employers and employees and provides this training for awareness and to help reduce incidents, injuries, and fatalities through an established Safety Management System, adaptable for all organizations. Designed for new safety professionals in the electrical contracting industry, NECA's Safety Professionals Institute provides participants with the “must know” topics for those responsible for keeping our inside and outside linemen safe.
New safety directors, safety managers, site safety officers, safety coordinators, safety specialists or anyone who is looking to move into a safety role at their company.
- Pre-work: Five (5) hours of online, on-demand content
- Core curriculum: 3 days of in-person instruction led by industry professionals
- Capstone project: Create a detailed safety program, reviewed by industry experts, to take back to your company
What You Will Learn
Upon completing this program, participants will be able to...
- Describe common workplace hazards
- Define common safety regulations
- Identify the hazards electrical employees are exposed to
- Define risk
- Create a plan to reduce risk
- Create an emergency response plan
- Communicate the rights of employees to safety in the workplace
- Communicate the safety department’s responsibilities to employees
- Provide coaching and mentoring to employees on safety
For your application to be considered, you must submit the following:
- A completed application form
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume highlighting your relevant experience
- A letter of recommendation from an executive at your company; if you are the most senior executive in your firm, a notation of this is sufficient
- Signed commitment pledge to complete Capstone by Monday, March 1, 2024
- Either a photocopy showing proof of:
- Completed OSHA 30-hour (either general industry or construction)
- Or a photocopy showing proof of:
- Completed ET&D 10-hour AND
- Completed ET&D 20-hour
The Registration Fee of $3200 includes three days of instruction, all course materials, those meals and receptions/dinners indicated in the Schedule of Events, and support from subject matter experts during your Capstone project. The Registration Fee does not include lodging, airfare, or other miscellaneous expenses. Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and for securing ground transportation upon arrival. Upon review, accepted applicants will be notified and provided the information to make their hotel arrangements within NECA’s room block.
Applications will be processed on a first-come basis and attendance is limited. Therefore, promptness in complying with all application procedures is essential. Applications will not be processed unless accompanied by payment. Please note, to encourage open and productive discussions, registrations may be geographically limited.
Due to enrollment limitations, a waiting list will be maintained. Individuals on this list will be accorded the opportunity to attend this program, on a first-come basis, to fill a vacancy created by a cancellation.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 30 days prior to the start of the program may be made without charge; within 30 days prior to the start, there will be a service charge of $500 and within 15 days of the program the registrant will forfeit their entire registration fee unless a substitute is provided or the registration spot is filled from the wait list. Substitutions for a confirmed registrant may be made only with consent of NECA Education.