Sept. 27-30 in Chicago; Open to Nonmembers with Free Trade Show
BETHESDA, Md., September 2, 2014 — National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)'s annual convention & trade show, NECA 2014 Chicago, anticipates it's highest attendance in 60 years – and is now free to all electrical professionals. The No. 1 electrical construction industry event will run September 28-30 at McCormick Place West in Chicago, just ranked the top industry convention destination.
A free trade show will feature more than 300 exhibitors including 60 new exhibitors demonstrating new products and services in 760 booths, along with 19 free technical workshops.
“Our mission is to educate the entire industry, elevate the general knowledge level of all electrical contractors, and expand the depth and breadth of customers’ expectations of electrical contractors – including lighting assistance, structured cabling, integrated systems, security and much more,” said NECA President Dennis Quebe, chairman and chief executive officer, Chapel Electric Co. LLC, Dayton, Ohio.
Drawing thousands of attendees from apprentices through executives, NECA’s growing international event offers education, training, best practices, unparalleled networking and the latest resources.
A reported 75 percent of attendees are the final decision makers for new products and services – or part of the decision-making team. According to Electrical Contractor magazine’s 2014 reader survey, more than 80 percent of electrical contractors now report a medium or high ability to influence the overall electrical system design.
“We find new cutting-edge products, services and education that solidifies our leadership position in this very competitive market,” said Eric Nixon, president, Maron Electric Company, Skokie, Ill.
New programs, special events and featured activities include:
- An expanded focus on safety, cabling and controls with a new Safety Roundtable on Sunday, Sept. 28
- Education tracks including Business Management, Leadership and Communications, Project Management, Standards and Safety and Technology, Process and Innovation
- Annual Showstopper Awards: Electrical Contractor magazine’s new product showcase will honor 25 finalists out of more than 135 new products to be featured in the January 2015 issue
- Special events including: Women in NECA Roundtable, the Safety Roundtable, Business Development Workshop, Green Energy Challenge Poster Competition, and Student Chapter Job Fair
- Pre-convention workshops: Friday, Sept. 26 and Saturday, Sept. 27
- Hosted Contractor Program: A 48-hour custom agenda for new or long-time returning attendees
- 19 free technical workshops
For all details, go to the full convention schedule
. For free NECA admission, go to Attendee Registration at http://www.necaconvention.org/
and use special code FREE14. Visit NECAConvention.org for more info
ABOUT NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION (NECA)
NECA is the voice of the $130 billion electrical construction industry that brings power, light, and communication technology to buildings and communities across the United States. NECA’s national office and 119 local chapters advance the industry through advocacy, education, research, and standards development. For more information, visit www.necanet.org