The National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) formally recognizes electrical contractors who make safety and health-related work practices a core value within their companies and back up their commitment with results. NECA’s Safety Excellence and Zero Injury Award Program was established to recognize NECA contractors who excel in multiple areas of their safety and health programs.
About the Program
NECA’s Safety Excellence and Zero Injury Awards recognize thriving companies that maintain OSHA recordable injury and fatality rates at levels lower than the industry standards and have taken their safety records above and beyond basic compliance.
There are four parts to the award selection criteria:
- Incident Rates
- Recordable Cases
- Lost Workday
- Non-Fatal Cases Without Lost Workdays
- Experience Modification Rate (EMR)
- OSHA Citations
- Operations and Best Practices
Note: Frequency and severity rating are important, but the rates will not be the sole source for determining winners.
- Award application deadline is March 1, 2013.
- All application forms and materials must be submitted online at http://esafetyline.net/necaaward/
- Applications received after the March 1, 2013 will not be considered for either award program.
- Finalist applications will then be sent to NECA member’s District for review.
- Safety Excellence and Zero Injury Awards will be presented at participants’ respective District Meetings.
- Only one application is required for consideration for both the Safety Excellence and Zero Injury awards.
Award Categories: Man-hours
- 0 to 25,000 man-hours
- 25,001-50,000 man-hours
- 50,001 to 100,00 man-hours
- 100,001 to 150,000 man-hours
- over 150,001 man-hours
Schedule and Deadlines
March 1: Online applications must be received
March 18: Applications will be evaluated and finalists selected
April 1: Districts will notify the finalists.
June 3: Awards will be distributed to award winners at their respective District Meetings.
If you have any questions about NECA’s Safety Excellence or Zero Injury awards program, please contact Jerry Rivera
at 301-215-4546 or email@example.com