NECA Student Chapter members and faculty are invited to attend the annual NECA Convention, September 27-30, 2014 at the McCormick Place West Chicago, Illinois. NECA 2014 Chicago will bring together NECA chapters, university faculty advisors, and students involved in the Student Chapter program. There are several events scheduled for students and faculty to attend. This will also be an opportunity for other NECA chapters to learn more about the NECA Student Chapter program and ELECTRI International’s Talent Initiative efforts.
Students participating in NECA 2014 Chicago will receive *complimentary registration to attend. Throughout the week, they will be able to network with current industry leaders with whom they will soon be working as they enter internships, and ultimately, the electrical construction workforce. Faculty Advisors are being charged a fee of $455 to attend NECA 2014 Chicago (see response form.) * The programs and events below are being offered with the understanding that every student will attend an orientation and will give NECA a minimum of two hours of his/her time to help with a particular staff assignment. Students who do not help with assignments may be subject to a registration fee.
Student Forum details and what's included in registration
There are two orientations being held, one on Friday, September 26th
at 5:30 PM
at the Sheraton Hotel (room TBD) and the other on Saturday, September 27th at 8:30 AM
at the McCormick Place West, Room Skyline A.
Two sessions are being offered to accommodate early/late arrivals.
The primary activities for NECA Student Forum include:
- Welcome Student and Faculty Dinner, Friday, September 26th from 7 PM to 10 PM at the Howells & Hood. The Student Chapter of the Year winner will be announced during this event. (East Banquet Room) 435 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- Sixth Annual Green Energy Challenge and Poster Competition, Saturday, September 27th from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM, at the McCormick Place West (Room: Skyline A)
- First NECA Student Chapters Job Fair, Saturday, September 27th from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM, at the McCormick Place West (Room: 183A). Please have your student bring copies of their resumes and come ready for interviews
- NECA Student Chapter Summit, Sunday, September 28th from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (Room: 184D)
*All students not participating in the finals for the Green Energy Challenge are welcome to view the final team presentations. Also, there will be an area devoted to Student Competition Posters.
In addition to the Student Forum, students and faculty are also welcome to attend these NECA 2014 Chicago programs (a $2060 value):
- Opening night reception at the Field Museum to open the convention and trade show. (Cocktail attire required)
- Convention Education Sessions. (See brochure for specific seminars)
- General sessions, featuring exciting programs and speakers, such as Chris Gardner “The Pursuit of Happiness;” an informative Labor Relations Session, and Robert O’Neill, former Navy Seal Team Leader.
- Access to the NECA Trade Show, where students can explore the offerings of the industry’s largest gathering of manufacturers and distributors. Please visit us at the NECA Booth #1038
- The Showstopper Showcase (Formerly New & Featured Products Room), positioned front-center on the trade show floor, where students can see the latest industry products and tools.
- Technical Workshops, featuring the latest information and hands-on technical expertise of the some of the industry’s top experts, being held on the show floor.
- Three lunches on the show floor (Sunday-Tuesday).
- The Closing Celebration featuring Jim Belushi and the Sacred Hearts Band.
Students are also invited to the Women in NECA Roundtable on Monday, September 29th from 2:30pm to 3:30 pm and the Future Leaders Industry reception, also on Monday from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
NECA has secured a block rooms for Students and Faculty at the Sheraton at a rate of $199 per night plus tax.
When booking your hotel accommodations for the NECA Convention 2014, please call our housing agent CMR at 800-368-6322 or by booking online at: cmrhousing.com/NECA_C5/Welcome.aspx »
Once you have the site open, click on “Make a Reservation.”
When speaking to the Customer Care Representative, please identify yourself as a student/faculty and inform them that you would like to be booked directly into the Student block.
There is limited availability and rooms should be booked as soon as possible. Any questions or concerns can be referred to NECAHousing@cmrus.com. Rooms must be booked by September 3rd, 2014 (based on availability). Note: You do not need to be registered first in order to book a room, reservations can be made under a single person or chapter name, and then changed.
Attached is the Student Chapter Activities Response Form for faculty and students. Please complete the form (one for each student attending & one per faculty advisor) and send it back to my attention by September 17th. All forms must be completed in its entirety in order to finalize schedule of assignments and for logistic purposes.
The Students’ schedule of assignments will be sent as we get closer to date. For more general Convention information, please visit: http://www.necaconvention.org »
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the NECA Student Chapter activities please contact Wanessa Alves at 301-215-4532 (direct) or 240-498-4751 (cell) or by email at email@example.com. We look forward to enhancing opportunities for students at the NECA Convention and further developing our student chapter program.
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
Download NECA Student Form
Download NECA Faculty Form