Tailored, for electrical contractors, this live, instructor-led online course introduces a general overview of the Navisworks Manage software as it is best leveraged for modelers who conduct coordination on projects.
Over two half-day sessions we will cover:
- Introduction to Navisworks - This includes an overview of workspaces and Navisworks options.
- Opening, appending, and merging files in Navisworks as well as file formats, saving, exporting, and publishing projects.
- Navigating Navisworks - Navigation tools, viewpoints, object properties, selection trees and sets, object selection, and hiding/unhiding objects.
- Enabling sectioning in Navisworks (plane and section box).
- Model Review - Measuring, tagging, comments, and redlining.
- Exporting NWD files and Freedom Viewer
- Timeliner - Walkthrough of the process for timeline sequencing and phasing.
- Selection Inspector - multiple selections, showing items and deselecting them, quick property definition, and exporting CSV files.
- Clash Detection - Walkthrough of the process for creating search sets, clash detection cleanup, creating and exporting clash tests, setting rules, selecting search sets, and setting tolerances.
- Review of process for running tests and analyzing clash results.
- Exporting clash reports (HTML Tabular format).
Participants must have Navisworks Manage 2018, 2019 or 2020 installed on their computers prior to the start of this class. A free demo of the software can be downloaded here
NECA’s Online Classrooms will utilize GoToTraining. The full system requirements are here. We recommend having access to a webcam and microphone to interact with other participants during the class.
This session will be facilitated by Arjun Shounak, BIM Construction Project Lead at Sanveo. Arjun has a Master of Science in civil engineering and project management with extensive project experience in BIM and VDC work. Arjun has an exceptional track record of providing value and insights to his clients and is especially skilled in project management and structural engineering.