This four part training is intended to introduce students to the software’s user interface and the basic electrical components that make the Autodesk Revit software a powerful and flexible modeling tool. This program, which will be instructed by expert VDC managers, will also familiarize students with the tools required to create views and accurately document the parametric model. The classes are designed to take the students through the basics of modeling an electrical system from linking external models into Revit to exporting and coordinating these models in Navisworks.
- Working with the Autodesk Revit software’s basic viewing, drawing, and editing commands.
- Inserting and connecting Electrical components and using the System Browser.
- Working with linked files.
- Creating electrical circuits with electrical equipment, devices, and lighting fixtures and adding cable trays and conduits.
- Creating and annotating construction documents.
- Adding tags and creating schedules.
- Detailing in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021: 7:00-8:00 PM ET — Beginner Revit Training, Part 1
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021: 7:00-8:00 PM ET — Beginner Revit Training, Part 2
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021: 7:00-8:00 PM ET — Revit and Navisworks: Coordinating the Model
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021: 7:00-8:00 PM ET — Revit: Setting up Sheets
To receive a certificate of completion, participants are required to attend either all live sessions or view sessions recordings in their entirety and complete a post-program evaluation.