This class is SOLD OUT. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.
Tailored, for electrical contractors, this live, instructor-led online course introduces a general overview of the Revit software and helps modelers become familiar with the platform as a whole. This session is targeted toward individuals who functioning as BIM modelers, designers, detailers or engineers.
Over two half-day sessions we will cover:
- Introduction to BIM and Revit
- Revit MEP User Interface
- The Ribbon Framework
- Project Browser
- Working with Revit “Families” and “Elements”
- View Management / About Views
- Creating Views and duplication
- View properties
- Creating other views in Revit - Sections, Elevations, Callouts, 3D views, Camera views, and details.
- Initial Project Setup - Linking Revit models, working with levels, and using copy/monitor
- Creating revisions in Revit
- Sheets - Creation and printing
- Worksharing in Revit
Participants must have Revit 2018, 2019 or 2020 installed on their computers prior to the start of this class. A free demo of the software can be downloaded here.
NECA’s Online Classrooms will utilize GoToTraining. The full system requirements are here. We recommend having access to a webcam and microphone to interact with other participants during the class.
This session will be facilitated by Mishari Husien and Zoheir Taheri, both BIM Construction Project Leads at Sanveo.
Mishari has a Master of Science in construction management. In his four years at Sanveo, he has established himself as an excpetional leader and software expert.
Zoheir has a Master of Science in civil engineering with a focus on construction engineering, and has worked as an engineer in the constuction industry for 5 years. He specializes in clash prevention and clash resolution with an outstanding client track record.