The electrical training ALLIANCE is offering remote learning opportunities from their Training Partners each Tuesday. This webinar with Southwire will discuss how to plan safer and easier wire pulls in effort to understand factors that impact wire and cable installations. In addition, the following topics will be discussed:
• Preconstruction planning of raceway design
• Preventing damage to conductors during wire pulls
• Preventing wire pulls from getting stuck in raceway
• Selecting proper equipment for a safe pull
• Understanding impact of sidewall pressure and pulling tension
• Impact of raceway elbow bend radius
• Pulling through more than 360 degrees of bend and still meet NEC requirements
• Examples of pull calculations • Live wire pull calculation example
Speaker: Johnny Sellers
Background: Johnny Sellers is a member of the Southwire Solutions University Team and is responsible for SIMpull® Solutions training and support. His primary focus is teaching new and innovative strategies for safe and efficient wire and cable installations while working with key decision makers at electrical contractors to train, implement, and support these strategies. Johnny joined Southwire in 2013 and brings a wealth of knowledge from 40+ years working in the electrical contracting industry. Johnny holds numerous licenses and certificates among which are Georgia Non-Restricted electrical contractor’s license and OSHA 30 safety certification. He has extensive experience working with the National Electrical Code and has taught code classes for electrical contractors.
Click here to register now! Participants can register through the link by filling in the *Required Fields* and checking the box.
After registering, we recommend adding the webinar to your calendar. This webinar is being provided by the electrical training ALLIANCE and is complimentary to NECA members.