Tailored, for electrical contractors, this live, instructor-led online course aims to arm project managers with all the knowledge, tricks, and tools to successfully manage a project using Revit.
Over two half-day sessions we will cover:
- Introduction to BIM and Revit
- Revit MEP User Interface
- The Ribbon Framework
- Project Browser
- Working with Revit “Families” and “Elements”
- View Management / About Views
- Creating Views and duplication
- View properties
- Controlling object visibility, temporary hide, and visibility graphics
- Working with sections and 3D views
- Linking Revit elements with families
- Linking Revit models and 2D CAD files
- An overview of basic modeling, including tools, tips, and tricks
- Working with Revit schedules
- An introduction to Sheets and Printing
- Worksharing with your team in Revit.
Participants must have Revit 2018, 2019 or 2020 installed on their computers prior to the start of this class. A free demo of the software can be downloaded here.
NECA’s Online Classrooms will utilize GoToTraining. The full system requirements are here. We recommend having access to a webcam and microphone to interact with other participants during the class.
This session will be facilitated by Michael Massey, BIM Manager at Sanveo. With over 29 years of experience in the AEC industry, as a technology evangelist, Michael is one of the most experienced BIM subject matter experts in the field. Michael has been selected on numerous occasions to be a speaker at some of the biggest conferences in the industry - including 12 consecutive years at Autodesk University.