Small mistakes in an estimate can have a huge impact on your bid’s bottom line and this course provides the tools needed to be both comprehensive and competitive. This course will discuss the process for assembling an estimate including: developing material lists, applying labor unit data, material takeoff, and application of direct job costs, overhead, and profit.
Following this class, participants will be able to:
- List types of mistakes found when estimating electrical construction projects and how to avoid them
- Describe the parts of an estimate
- Explain the importance of establishing the true cost for a project
- Develop an estimate to provide job management information
- Discuss how labor units can be used to competitively bid projects
- Explain the difference between a competitive bid and simply a low bid
Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm CDT
Instructor: Bob Mooty
This course is being hosted by the Northeastern Illinois Chapter.
For questions regarding registration, please contact Jackie Saldana, Education Manager, NECA at (301) 215-4519 or firstname.lastname@example.org