BIQ is an application of lean construction that maximizes the value to a client and minimizes waste. BIQ process steps include Developing and confirming a mutual understanding of the work expectations from all external and internal customers. It also includes preparing a specific operations plan for the fabrication and installation of each piece of work. In addition, training workers on each of these operations and assuring that they have everything necessary prior to beginning their work. Lastly, implementing an audit assessment program that allows project participants to assess that the process was followed and the product conforms to expectations. This course will enable electrical contractors to create a quality plan template and develop a BIQ implementation plan.
This program is based on the research report Electrical Distribution and Construction - Developing an Agile Supply Chain Partnership funded by ELECTRI International.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the current standard for quality in the electrical construction industry
- Analyze sample quality plan elements and your own current quality plan
- Recognize lean concepts applied to BIQ and how to add a BIQ process to your own quality plan
- Examine sample record/checklist forms and assess your current use
- Review sample BIQ narratives for work activities and specifications