The combination of LEDs, lighting controls and sensors will fundamentally change how tomorrow’s lighting systems will be specified, installed and used. Wireless controls, Power over Ethernet (PoE) cabling systems and IoT-sensors will present new challenges to contractors. Applications such as horticulture lights, use of color changing environments to affect human circadian rhythms and productivity, transmitting data using lights (LiFi) are just some of these new uses for lighting. This class will introduce the changes coming to the lighting industry as well as how those changes may affect NECA members involved in installing and maintaining lighting and lighting control systems.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how employing lighting capable of changing color can affect mood and well-being of building occupants
- Examine new lighting system approaches including PoE and wireless controls
- Analyze present skill sets and determine if additional training is needed
- Identify characteristics of manufacturers that are positioned to grow in tomorrow’s lighting industry
- Evaluate how overly complex system can have a detrimental impact on their business.
Instructor: Dr. John W. Curran; LED Transformations, LLC
NECA’s Online Classrooms will utilize GoToTraining. The full system requirements are here
. We recommend having access to a webcam and microphone to interact with other participants during the class.