In an effort to showcase the exceptional work being performed by its member-contractors throughout the country, the National Electrical Contractors Association has launched the Project Excellence Award, a new award program that will recognize companies for their outstanding commitment, professionalism and ingenuity in delivering an electrical project across 11 different market sectors.
NECA will begin accepting submissions for the 2017 Project Excellence Award on January 1, 2017, awards will be based on whether the electrical/technology portion of the project is valued under or over $1 million for each market sector, except for overhead transmission and substation/interconnection and must be based on projects completed in 2016.
See award program rules and submission information below for complete details.
NECA will begin accepting 2017 award submissions on January 1.
Download Entry Form
Award Program Rules & Submission Requirements
A NECA member must perform the installation.
- Projects completed between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
- Completed entry forms must be received between January 1st and March 31st, 2017.
- The competition will consider eleven categories based on the type of project and its dollar value:
- Design Build
- Energy Solutions/Green Building
- Health Care
- Overhead Transmission
- Street Lighting/Traffic Signal
For each project category, except for Overhead Transmission and Substation/Interconnection, the award will be based on whether the electrical/technology portion of the project is valued under or over $1,000,000.
- Please select the category that is most appropriate for the project that you are submitting. In the event that a project may qualify for more than one category, or its category seems unclear, the awards committee will make the final determination as to the category it falls under.
- Members may submit one entry per category.
- Projects completed as part of a joint venture are acceptable, as long as all joint venture partners performing electrical work are NECA members. Winning projects will be awarded in the name of all joint venture partners, but only one award will be handed out.
- Each entry must be submitted with a project photo(s), preferably in a PNG or JPEG file format. Projects submitted without project photo(s) will not be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain permission from the project owner. NECA National reserves the right to reuse the pictures for the purposes of promoting the Project Excellence Awards.
- The awards committee will make the award selections based on criteria including originality, aesthetics, difficulty of installation, quality of workmanship, and application of technology. At most, two awards (over $1 Million, and under $1 Million) will be presented per category. At the committee’s discretion, all awards in all categories may not be awarded.
- Awards for the winning projects in each category will be presented at NECA Seattle 2017.
Please complete and return the below entry form along with a project photo(s) to Mir Mustafa at Mir.Mustafa@necanet.org. NECA National must receive completed forms and photo(s) no later than March 31, 2017. We will not be able to accept entries after this date.
Download Entry Form