Silica is one of the most abundant substances on earth and is most commonly found as sand or quartz. Silica is ubiquitous on construction sites by virtue of its presence in many commonly used construction materials and products such as concrete, bricks, stone, asphalt, tile, and countertops.
- Very jagged micro sized crystallized glass type shards (Quartz, Cristobalite, Tridymite) The most common element on the earth’s surface.
- Extremely dangerous to lungs,
- Eventually fatal to humans upon continued, extended, uncontrolled ingestion.
- Sand + Heat = Glass = small micro bits = Crystalline Silica.
- Micro silica glass shards respiratory system tissue cutters