Davis-Bacon Wage Survey Procedures
The U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Divison, through their Regional Offices, are aggressively conducting wage surveys throughout the United States. The letters and forms have been made more user friendly, and the information is still confidential.
The procedure of surveying an area follows these steps:
- A letter and forms are sent to NECA National defining the type of projects, the survey dates, the survey deadline, and the state and counties being surveyed.
- This letter is duplicated and sent to the involved chapters. The forms are designed to be machine readable and can not be duplicated and may be ordered following step5.
- There are two forms:
These forms should be filled out by every contractor for every job in the survey period. They must be filled out with black/ blue pen or typed in the white box. Information on how to fill out the forms is on the DBRA web site. The cover letter, which may be duplicated, has the mailing address for the forms.
- Form WD-10 is legal size with data entry fields and instruction on both sides. This asks for the same information as the older form.
- Addendum to Form WD-10 is a list of any subcontractor you used on the project being reported on.
- The chapter distributes the information and the forms (WD-10) to each contractor to be filled out by the contractor for each job in the survey period.
- In order to get additional forms for a survey, contact the U.S. Department of Labor at:
- Phone (202)693-0597
- Fax (202)693-1425
- Or, provide the following information in an email to the U.S. Department of Labor (email@example.com):
- Number of WD-10 and/or Addendum needed
- Name and mailing address Phone number
NECA members can request copies of general decisions. Please fill out our online form to request a specific general decision. Information will be e-mailed or faxed to you.
Request more information
View DOL Davis Bacon Survey Information