NECA, respected by legislators, regulators, and competing sectors of the construction industry, is the leading organization of major influence in U.S. government affairs and political leadership. NECA's strong relationship with the Small Business, Energy, Finance and Tax committees of the House and Senate, assists in our efforts to bring NECA member and industry issues to the attention of policymakers.
NECA's leaders came together in 2003 and made the commitment to bring our political action committee (NECAPAC) to the $1 million level. During the 2010 electoral cycle, NECA exceeded $1.6 million in ECPAC contributions, ranking it among the top 50 nationwide PACs and the largest specialty contractor PAC. And, in 2011, NECA set a record-setting $850,000+ in contributions from over 1,400 contractors.
Through NECAPAC, NECA has received greater visibility, access, and influence, in government through involvement and financial commitments, helping the electrical construction industry and NECA to achieve results on the Hill.
A key ingredient in NECAPAC's growing success is the Political Leadership Council (PLC).
Contractors who make a personal annual NECAPAC commitment of $5000 give us the power to continue expanding our position on the Hill as the million-dollar-plus political action "player."
Chapters can also become PLC members and can name a representative to the Council.
- Individuals: Personal contribution of $5000 annually
- Chapters: To join the PLC, a Chapter must meet the annual goals set for Chapter leadership and member commitments.
Membership in NECA's Political Action Committee (NECAPAC) is more than writing a check.
Members have opportunities to:
- Play a key role in selecting the issues that our members want NECA to support
- Participate in critical informational briefing sessions with Members of Congress
- Attend the annual PLC Summit with a full day of high-level interaction and briefings from elected congressional leaders and national experts who impact our businesses
- Receive weekly and exclusive monthly updates on current issues, political action and NECA government affairs activity, (Weekly Legislative Update & PLC Plugged In.)
Like every successful organization, our Political Leadership Council has a solid structure of dedicated men and women working on behalf of all electrical contractors.
The Council Chair leads the effort each year to ensure that we achieve NECAPAC results far above the million-dollar level
Regional Chairmen enlist additional Council members and also work throughout each NECA Region to encourage gifts to NECAPAC at every level
PLC members are strong advocates for positive government action that make better business conditions for your company
Download a handout on the PLC
For detailed information on NECA's PLC or for membership information, contact NECA Government Affairs at NECAGovtAffairs@necanet.org.
Contributing to NECA's Political Leadership Council is an investment in the future of your business.