FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Legrand Electrical Wiring Systems
P.O. Box 4822
Syracuse, NY 13221
Eric Mower and Associates
Syracuse, NY 13204
LEGRAND® SHOWCASES BUSINESS ENHANCEMENT SOLUTIONS AT NECA 2014
WEST HARTFORD, Conn., (September 23, 2014) – At this year’s NECA show, Legrand, a leading provider of electrical wiring devices and home systems, will be showcasing a number of solutions that will help electrical contractors grow their businesses. To learn and see more, visit Legrand in booth #846 from September 28 - 30, 2014, at McCormick Place, West Hall F1, Chicago, IL.
The Legrand booth will feature a live “touch screen” performance demonstrating Legrand solutions at work in a commercial building that has been retrofitted to increase building performance. A demonstration of WattStopper’s Digital Lighting Management solution will also take place. In addition, the adorne®, Cablofil®, On-Q®, Pass & Seymour®, Wiremold® and WattStopper® product lines will be displayed in appropriately themed kiosks: New products, productivity, industrial and residential solutions.
“It is very important for contractors to implement strategies centered on business growth into their yearly business plans,” says Steve Killius, Vice President, Business Development Group at Legrand. “Contractors cannot rely on waiting for construction projects or rest on what they have been doing for clients. It is critical that they are able to identify emerging trends in how customers interact with their spaces and look for opportunities to create new business. Contractors must continuously look for new value-added service, propose it to customers with a view to upselling them and providing additional options.”
Legrand continuously monitors the contractor market to identify new trends and requirements for business growth and optimization. “Adopting this proactive approach and integrating ourselves with contractors allows us to design and deliver a vast amount of products and solutions that add value to their ability to generate new business and revenue streams. These products deliver benefits ranging from ease of installation and integration to energy efficiency, sustainability, flexible design and safety. It also allows us to help contractors prepare for future trends and industry developments,” continues Killius.
Trends in open architecture, collaborative spaces and the focus on energy efficiency present opportunities to bring new, innovative solutions to the customer. “Service and preventive maintenance are also ways to add new streams of income beyond constructing infrastructure. Partnering with innovative manufactures will enable contractors to offer more to their customers, save time and earn more profits,” concludes Killius.
Featured products from Legrand on the showfloor:
- Cablofil® Wire Mesh Cable Tray, is an open cable management system that is fast and easy to splice and assemble. Onsite fabrication is easy and requires no special fittings. Contractors merely cut, bend and move on, which makes horizontal and vertical directional changes simple. It reduces installation downtime and interruptions for moves, add-ons and changes and this translates into lower job costs. The wire mesh cable tray can be mounted in a variety of ways: on the wall, above the ceiling or in raised floor applications.
- The On-Q Quick Connect connectivity solution boosts contractor productivity by terminating all four pairs in one squeeze and also improves termination reliability. It is available with Cat 5e, Cat 6 or Cat 6a Keystone inserts.
- On-Q’s Home Theater In-Wall Connection Kit facilitates effective cable management by hiding unsightly power, HDMI, Ethernet, and audio cables behind the wall of flat panel TVs to enhance the aesthetics of a room. It can be used as a standalone kit for retrofit projects or with new construction brackets.
- Creating a home network using existing electrical outlets is easy with On-Q’s Powerline Network Starter Kit. It supports bandwidth-intensive applications such as online gaming and streaming and requires no new wiring to be done. It features easy plug-and-play installation and HomePlug AV compliant adapters.
From Pass & Seymour:
- The new Pass & Seymour® Plug Load Controllable Receptacles target the commercial office, education and hospitality markets. Two types are available in both duplex and decorator configurations with 15A and 20A, 125V ratings. The face of the new receptacles are pad printed with the universally recognized power symbol, which remains clearly visible after installation. This complies with the requirements of the 2014 National Electrical Code® Section 406.3 (E). It also meets the conditions of ASHRAE Energy Efficiency Standard 90.1: Section 8.4.2 and California Title 24 Part 6, effective July 1, 2014, both of which specify the requirement to permanently mark which outlets on receptacles are controlled.
- Pass & Seymour® Rubber and Watertight plugs, connectors and receptacles are designed specifically for highly corrosive and wet industrial locations. These include food and beverage processing, petrochemical production, marinas and shipbuilding, pulp and paper mills, mining, water and waste water facilities, warehousing and refrigeration and temporary power sites. Both the Rubber Plugs and Connectors and the Watertight Plugs and Connectors are constructed from tough thermoplastic elastomer which enhances endurance against hard impacts, oils, chemicals, heat and extreme weather. Part of the line on show at NECA 2014 includes Rubber Dust-Tight devices which protect against harmful dust in a wide array of industrial settings and Portable Outlet Boxes which feature a durable polycarbonate case that withstands hard use and is also water-resistant.
- The Harmony™ Tru-Universal Dimmer is compatible with all lamp types and simple to use. Its self-calibration feature changes the dimmer landscape for distributors, contractors and end users. It allows distributors to provide a dimmer that simply works and also reduce their inventory, as they can replace as many as 30 current SKUs with one. Contractors can install with confidence and end users have a hassle-free experience. It also brings added benefits of an extended lamp life and energy savings for all types of light sources.
- The Pass & Seymour® Fed Spec USB Charger with Tamper-Resistant Duplex Receptacle is engineered with durability and performance in mind. Designed for the commercial market, it boasts a 3.1 amp USB charging capability and is compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices. This product is capable of withstanding heavy use due to its UL Federal Specification certification. Residential and Hospital Grade versions are available, as well as quad USB chargers, single USB charging receptacles, and other combination devices.
- adorne™ Wiring Devices bring a new level of design and style. adorne devices work with standard wall boxes while providing a whole new range of functionality and are perfect for upgrading new construction or remodeling projects. The adorne under cabinet lighting system provides multiple outlets, USB charging, music and lighting to keep pace with consumer trends in today’s kitchens. A wide array of adorne models are available that can easily complement any style or décor in upscale homes.
- The adorne Wireless Video Intercom Kit includes an exterior video doorbell camera and one interior intercom unit to receive camera images, so homeowners can see who’s at the front door from multiple locations in their home.
- The Wireless sofTap Whole-House Master Dimmer from adorne is designed with an innovative micro-movement functionality, allowing homeowners to turn lights on and off or dim them with a soft "tap" of the finger.
- The Evolution™ Series, maximizes access to power, A/V and communications while providing the flexibility necessary in today’s work spaces. Whether it’s an advanced floor box, a versatile wall box, an innovative ceiling box or a poke-thru device that’s loaded with industry-leading features, the Evolution Series is designed for ease of installation, even in complex environments.
- Two advanced Plugmold® multi-outlet systems will also be on the show floor. One unit offers convenient USB charging along with multiple outlets. The other provides integral GFCI protection to every outlet. Designed for commercial, institutional and residential applications, both new Wiremold systems feature tamper-resistant receptacles with a patented shutter system that prevents improper insertion of foreign objects.
- To further enable technology in corporate meeting rooms, the InteGreat™ Series products have built-in flexible cable management and are designed to integrate with each other and with the building infrastructure as a single system to manage cabling over the “last meter” to the work surface while providing critical connections. They manage and hide cords and cables to reduce clutter and trip hazards, and to make power, A/V, data and communications more accessible and easier to use.
- WattStopper’s Digital Lighting Management solution delivers productivity and sustainability with simple installation that allows automatic configuration straight out of the box and convenient remote management. Its plug-together devices and free topology deliver effortless wiring. It also helps to reduce labor risk and installation time, requires no need for specialized skills and offers ladder-free commissioning.
# # #
Connect with Legrand on Facebook www.facebook.com/legrandna, Twitter www.twitter.com/passandseymour orwww.twitter.com/legrandna, and YouTube www.youtube.com/legrandna
# # #
Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Its comprehensive offering of solutions for use in commercial, industrial and residential markets makes it a benchmark for customers worldwide. Innovation for a steady flow of new products with high added value and acquisitions are prime vectors for growth. Legrand reported sales of close to $6 billion in 2013. Legrand has a strong presence in the North American market, with a portfolio of well-known product lines that include Cablofil, Electrorack, Middle Atlantic, NuVo, On-Q, Ortronics, Pass & Seymour, Vantage, WattStopper, Wiremold, and the recently acquired C2G and Quiktron product lines. The company is listed on NYSE Euronext and is a component stock of indexes including the CAC40, FTSE4Good, MSCI World, Corporate Oekom Rating and DJSI (ISIN code FR0010307819).www.legrand.com