NECA developed the Business Development Task Force in 2011 as a response to the evolving electrical construction industry. The goal of NECA’s business and market development program is to prepare NECA contractors for new forms of electrical work and provide the tools and knowledge they need to add these important services to their company. We need to transition into this new market and maintain the high standard of quality electrical work that NECA contractors are known for.
To create and expand business opportunities for NECA contractors.
The Business Development Task Force provides a framework where non-proprietary information on best practices and successful initiatives are shared. It addresses not only traditional lines of business but also emerging technologies in design and construction, energy efficiency, wind, solar, EV, data centers, smart grid, and energy storage. The Task Force also explores opportunities related to topics like financing, tax incentives, advocacy, education, research, tools, training, and collaboration with federal agencies, state or local governments, universities, other associations or industry groups.
The meeting finished with the establishment of a set of goals. The goals listed below are currently being prioritized by the task force and may change upon further review.
- Provide members with financing resources and explore virtual ESCO type service offerings.
- Create new online business development resources
- Create national level relationships between NECA and large customers, i.e., Bass Pro Shops, etc.
- Support targeted activities of NECA and LMCC business developers and request that they jointly attend national trade shows, provide presenters, and explore joint sponsorship opportunities.
- For use by members in their sales and marketing initiatives to their customers, begin a national value branding that establishes who NECA is and what membership in NECA means.
2017 Business Development Task Force Roster